Senior IT Project Manager
Company: MET Services Kft.
We are looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our Group level IT organisation. The position is based in Budapest.
Responsible for identifying, planning, organizing, and controlling group-wide information technology projects effectively and efficiently. Owns the creation, maintenance and improvement of project management processes, tools, standards for IT initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a common-sense project portfolio framework for the company’s group-level IT initiatives with a flexible and transparent tracking system.
- Analyze incoming project requests for strategic alignment and feasibility, rationalize critical-to-success requirements, prioritize / schedule based on available resources.
- Build high-level project budgets and resource plans, continuously track and report actuals, analyze and assess variances, manage and communicate adjustments.
- Continuously engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to manage expectations, ensure leadership support and re-assess functional relevance.
- Directly lead the highest impact cross-functional initiative, own the most critical IT transformation of the company to drive measurable strategic business impact.
- Select, onboard, coordinate external project resources, manage consultants and technical experts, develop vendor relationships to ensure high quality deliverables.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Project Management or an equivalent industry experience with both practical and theoretical domain knowledge.
- 5+ years’ experience managing mid-to-high complexity information technology projects preferably around application introductions, complex functional transformations, business process re-engineering and shared service migrations.
- Very good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven track record leading and delivering multiple parallel initiatives with success.
- Relevant experience in organizational change management, demonstrated skills to drive digitalization across departmental boundaries.
- General understanding of contemporary IT trends, industry best practices, cloud-based architectures, and their implications on modern IT projects.
- Professional experience in an international / multi-cultural business environment with daily exposure to virtual teamwork and cross-country collaboration.
- Practical expertise with project tracking tools and portfolio management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making at various organizational levels, advanced communication skills and a strong focus on outcomes.
- Reliability, thoroughness, structured thinking, and data-driven analytical abilities.