Data Engineer Intern (6 Months Internship)
Company: MET International AG
MET International AG (METI) was established in 2010 in order to consolidate and develop MET Group’s international natural gas sales and purchase portfolio, as well as to establish a trading arm for commodity lines.
We are now looking for a Data Engineer Intern for 6 months who joins our Power Trading Team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Forecast performance analysis
- Data Providers comparison
- Data integrity/health checks
- Data Scarping: organize scraping requests system
- Work closely with power & gas analyst teams to develop the analyst platform company-wide
- Experience / interest in data management of big and feature-rich datasets
- Working knowledge of statistics. Machine Learning, AI – nice to have
- Ability to work independently and in a team with different backgrounds.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent attention to detail
- Experience / interest in working in the Energy / Commodity space
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Programming languages, tools: Python, Microsoft SQL, Git, Excel
- Data Processing & Analysis: pandas, numpy, scipy, sklearn, multiprocessing
- Web scraping: Beautiful Soup
- Nice to have: Exploratory Data Analysis: timeseries analysis, Plotly (express), matplotlib, Jupyter/other notebooks
Are you ready for an Internship in a very dynamic Trading environment? If you fulfil the above requirements you have the chance to join a very young and talented team. We are looking forward to receiving your application.