MET wishes to congratulate Csaba Lantos, one of the most acknowledged Hungarian economists, on his appointment as the new Energy Minister of Hungary.
MET Group’s CEO Benjamin Lakatos became the controlling shareholder in 2018, when MET transformed into a management-owned company. At present, 90% of MET is owned by the management, with the remaining 10% owned by the Singapore-based Keppel Infrastructure.
MET Group is an integrated European energy company, headquartered in Switzerland, with activities and assets in natural gas and power markets. MET is present in 13 countries through subsidiaries, 27 national gas markets, and 22 international trading hubs. In 2021, MET Group’s consolidated sales revenue amounted to EUR 18,1 billion, the volume of traded natural gas was 55 BCM, traded electricity 50+ TWh.