Legal Counsel / EU Sales Division
Company: MET Holding AG
We are looking for a Legal Counsel familiar with energy space to provide legal support to the Sales Business Units across Europe.
- Provide full legal support to Group Chief Sales Officer and subsidiaries’ CEOs as well as the internal legal functions of those subsidiary businesses.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of contractual agreements with counterparties to support the subsidiary network in meeting their respective business growth strategies and objectives
- Supporting the application of MET group policies across the network of subsidiaries and providing support for corporate governance issues.
- Act as a prime legal contact for the relevant sales and related business teams and provide legal advice and counselling to the various subsidiary business units on a wide variety of matters in the legal and risk domain.
- Be an active supporter and driver of these business units’ expansion into new territories and consolidation within existing territories, support M&A activity, due diligence reviews as well as post-merger processes and integration.
- Work in close cooperation with Group Legal Team and Group M&A and Strategy Team.
- Manage and support relations with a range of external legal partners (local law firms and M&A consultants) and demonstrate an ability to effectively oversee their services.
Skills and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in law and bar exam
- at least 7-8 years of experience in a major corporate organisation or international law firm and solid background in energy related matters
- Experience in recovery and enforcement matters is an asset
- Experience in driving projects from initial development stages through to completion is an asset
- Experience with corporate documentation including shareholders’ agreements and ability to draft board documentation is an asset
- English is a must, German/ French is an asset
- Ability to resolve complex issues in an effective and solution-oriented manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and transactions at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements, work with sales and equivalent professionals, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Must be willing to travel when required to support transactional and advisory activities of the role