Junior Power Trading Analyst
Company: MET Energy Trading Bulgaria EAD
MET ENERGY TRADING BULGARIA EAD was established in 2017 to represent MET Group in South Eastern European natural gas and energy markets. METBG focuses on the purchase and sale of electricity and natural gas to retail and wholesale customers in South Eastern Europe through cross-border transactions and close corporation with other MET subsidiaries in the area. Due to the expansion of its power trading operations in the South East Europe, MET Bulgaria Energy Trading EAD is looking to add a highly driven candidate.
- Submit daily power schedules to the relevant TSOs.
- Execute power trades on all market segments on IBEX.
- Build forecasting models for power consumption and production.
- Scrape data in order to make sense and to prepare short and long-term market forecasts.
- Analyse large amounts of unstructured data to support a data-driven decision-making process.
- Power and market price forecasting, use of statistical models to forecast day-ahead, market prices based on recent market developments.
- Prepare balancing group settlements and communicate them with balancing group members.
- University degree preferably Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or Computer science
- Strong interest in financial and commodity markets
- Excellent knowledge of programming – Python, SQL, R, VBA
- Ability to communicate complex issues, both written and verbally, in a clear concise manner